Need GUI for offlining a device for removal
|Reported by:||delphij||Owned by:||william|
Currently there is no GUI way to offline a disk for removal, this makes it impossible to replace disk without CLI.
Roughly replacing a disk needs the following steps:
- 'zpool offline <poolname> <disk>'
- swapoff <swap on the disk>
(At this point, the disk can be pulled away, zfs will let the underlying GEOM device go at this point)
Then, after that, when a new disk is put back, the 'replace' of the offlined disk should do:
- partition on that disk;
- swapon <swap on the disk>
- zpool replace <poolname> <disk>
(and afterwards, zpool detach <poolname> <disk>/old)
Currently the code seems to do the two steps in one step.
Change History (8)
comment:1 Changed 20 months ago by william
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:2 Changed 19 months ago by gcooper
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened