Cannot set jumbo MTU for aggregated vlans
|Reported by:||montjoy1||Owned by:||jpaetzel|
|Keywords:||jumbo frames mtu vlan lagg link aggregation||Cc:|
There currently isn't a way to set the MTU size for lagg interfaces via the GUI or, as far as I can tell, the command-line. Documentation suggests setting the MTU for members of the lagg, but this doesn't seem to make a difference. I have tried the following:
- Manually bring down & unplumb vlan & lagg interfaces. Set MTU to 9000 on em nics. Bring up lagg & vlan interfaces. Works.
- Add interfaces em0 and em1 to the GUI, setting nothing but "MTU 9000". I am able to create the lagg and vlan interfaces after, but the MTU stays at 1500.
- Do it the nanobsd way(i think). Edit /etc/rc.conf, add 'ifconfig_em0="mtu 9000"
ifconfig_em1="mtu 9000"' , mount /sys, copy rc.conf to sys, umount /sys, reboot. The settings for em0 & em1 seem to disappear
- Create a backup config file, edit with sqlite, & upload changes - can't figure out where to edit. Modifying the network_interfaces table seems to be identical to (2) above.
So, am I doing something wrong (don't think so?). I'm not super-familiar with FreeBSD so I could be missing something obvious- but it seems like I've covered the regular bases. I've looked around for others with the issue but haven't found anything for the 8.0 release. The 7.2 documentation seems not to apply since the config is saved differently. Thanks!
Config file attached
Change History (11)
Changed 2 years ago by montjoy1
comment:4 Changed 2 years ago by jpaetzel
- Resolution set to fixed
- Status changed from accepted to closed
comment:5 Changed 2 years ago by montjoy1
- Resolution fixed deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened