Can't import zpool from FreeBSD 8.1 system
|Reported by:||riz||Owned by:|
Wanting to test zfs import before trying it with live data, I did the following, all under VMware Fusion 3.1.2 on a Mac.
On a FreeBSD 8.1 VM:
- create a zpool named 'scratch' on a 20GB virtual disk
- use zpool send/recv from another system to populate it with about 7G of data for testing, creating scratch/netbsd and scratch/netbsd/cvs-mirror file systems
- zpool export scratch
- detach the virtual drive
on another VM:
- create a 2GB virtual disk to install FreeNAS 8.0RC4 on
- install RC4 from iso image
- attach the 20GB virtual disk from above (with reboot, etc)
- attempt to use the auto-importer to import the zfs
The auto-importer lists "scratch" in the dropdown as a mirror (not quite right, but close enough). When I try to import it, I get "some error occurred". I was asked on freenode #freenas to grab the django traceback using firebug, I did so, and it's attached. One other piece of info I was asked for was the output of 'zpool import':
freenas# zpool import
status: The pool is formatted using an older on-disk version.
action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier, though
some features will not be available without an explicit 'zpool upgrade'.
...I also attempted to upgrade the zpool to version 15 (was version 14), but it didn't seem to help.