disk replacement glitch
|Reported by:||esamett||Owned by:|
I had disk errors I couldn't get to go away after dealing with some loose cabling. Following advice I removed one of the "bad" but online drives and wiped with GPARTED. It took some doing but I got array back on line, cleared and scrubbed. The "replace" GUI function first gave error then worked after I rechecked cables.
I replaced the disk that should have been labeled ada8. As mentioned in an older ticket it instead had been previously been labeled with a really long number sequence but I was advised that this was OK.
As shown in the attached first image, the ID and Name fields are blank for this disk but the array is on line.
As shown in the second image the disk status screen looks "normal."
The array seems to be functioning otherwise OK.